Here are some surprising statistics about business goals:
- more than 80% of small business owners don’t keep track of business goals.
- 40% of people who write down goals don’t check whether they’ve achieved them.
- 46% of companies review or revise goals throughout the year.
- 50% of senior leaders, 33% of managers and 19% of front-line employees update their goals throughout the year as business needs change.
And here are some more interesting facts:
- Those who write down goals achieve more than those who don’t.
- Those who share commitments with colleagues and friends achieve more than those who just write down goals.
- Those who send weekly progress reports to others achieve more.
Successful companies set goals. Without them, they have no defined purpose and nothing to strive for; consequently, they stagnate and struggle for meaningful accomplishments.
This lesson discusses goal setting in relation to creating a Leadership Platform. You’ll ask yourself some powerful questions so you can set exciting and inspiring goals for your business. Enjoy!
Have fun working on your big goals! I would love to hear about your discoveries, so please comment on this post to share your experience.
If you enjoyed this post, you can also sign up for my FREE Lead to Succeed Email Course (click here) and these posts will come straight to your inbox. Just click on the banner to the left, sign up and stay connected!