Your mindset, beliefs, and feelings all work together to create your attitude. Your attitude influences your choices of action and responses to challenges. In regards to achieving goals, your attitude about goal setting that will make or break your ability to create goals and follow through with achieving them or not.
Holding a positive attitude towards goals and goal-setting will be a THE factor determining whether or not you achieve your goals.
Answering these questions will help you create positive attitudes about your goals and can propel you forward toward success.
- How can your attitude hinder your success? What do you feel, think, and believe that may prevent you from achieving your objectives?
- How can your attitude empower you? What are your most positive attitudes that have propelled you forward in the past? How did you approach your goal(s) at the time?
- Do you feel that your prevailing attitude is helping you or limiting you? Why?
- List a goal that you feel challenged to achieve.
- What’s your attitude about this goal?
- What specific challenges are preventing you from achieving your goal?
- For each challenge, brainstorm possible solutions.
- Pick your most viable solution, create a plan to implement it, and get started
- Use Positive Self-Talk: What can you tell yourself to help you achieve the goal?
- Take Control: What are some steps you can take to get control as you move toward your goal?
- Compose your own affirmation that will help you work toward your goal.
- Who can you talk to about your goal? Can you find a mentor who may be able to help you move forward? Who?
Often we are not aware of what our attitude is or how it is affecting us. Working with a coach who provides objective feedback can help uncover these blind-spots and get you moving forward. If you are struggling to set or achieve goals, why not take advantage of Laura’s FREE coaching session to discuss this. Just click on the link to the right and Laura will follow up with you immediately.
Laura Watson is President of Venture Coaching Inc. Laura is a 2018 Woman of Inspiration Nominee and was a finalist for the 2010 Canadian Coach of the Year Award. Venture Coaching provides Business Coaching, Life and Leadership coaching programs to entrepreneurs so they can love their life and business! Venture Coaching provides the tools, process and support to accelerate your personal and business growth.